Monday 26 January 2015

Galactic Diary 20/01/3301

Name: CMDR Tickle
Date: 20/01/3301
Location: HARTSFIELD PLANT, POTRITI SYSTEM

The day began like any other and as was becoming the norm I perused the contracts board only to find nothing suitable, I'm not some terrified hauler waiting for my cargo to be jacked by pirates I'm the guy waiting for the pirates to come so I can claim the bounties on their damn heads. Like I said though there was nothing for me here so I headed back to my trusty sidewinder, did my pre-flight checks and took off towards Tuan Orbital hoping that the rumours about there being work were not unfounded.

It never ceases to amaze me how empty space is and yet every time I venture out into the void there's always something new to be found and hey if it means I can sell my scan data to the people in cartographics then I'm more than happy to help. One uneventful supercruise later and Tuan Oribital was within my sights, I opened up my comms to get docking permission because the last thing I need is to be blown out of existence by some two-bit station. It was only after I had docked that I discovered this place was controlled by The Gold Mafia and that only ever means one thing, money to be made here. It seemed the rumours about work were true, not long after I landed I received a message about a gang of pirates in the Apoyota system that needed eliminating and the pay was more than worth the risk so I didn't waste any time, I left the station and made the jump to Apoyota. 

I don't quite recall what happened next but the long and the short of it is that I may, MAY, have drifted a bit closer to a Red Dwarf star than intended and damaged my hull, not wanting to risk fighting the pirates with an already compromised hull I needed to find a place to repair. My Nav told me there was a place not to far away in the sector that I could get my ship fixed, Hahn Relay, so I throttled up and went on my way. When I arrived I discovered I wasn't alone, there were a decent amount of other CMDRs at the relay and I can only assume they too were looking for the pirates, while I was docking I scanned a nearby pilot and found he had a bounty on his head, the hunter in me wanted the money but that plan went out the window when I came to my senses. If I even so much as fired a warning shot this close to the Relay I'd have every federal ship on me withing seconds, this guy wasn't worth that much so I just let him go and headed over to repair and refuel and once again set off in search of the pirates.


No comments:

Post a Comment